Monday, September 24, 2012

A New Penn State Football

I've been watching Penn State football for a long time-since around the 1999 season, and rarely miss a game today. I went to my first two home games (Navy and Temple) these past couple of weekends for the first time since 2009 (once again Temple I believe). It's a new era under Coach O'Brien, and some things I saw at the game definitely an adjustment from what we've all been used to. Notes and observations:

  • There are now names on the back of the jerseys. I've seen them on TV but seeing the in person at Beaver Stadium was definitely new.
  • Since when was it normal to play Eminem in a football game? 
  • The student section no longer seems to follow up "We Are...Penn State" with "Thank You...You're Welcome"
  • Speaking of the student section, it's been moved from the sideline to the south end zone. I have no idea when this happened...
  • Also, liven up a bit, crowd-it made me sad :(

No comments:

Post a Comment