Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Navigating an Intersection in Central Stockholm

(Click to Enlarge)

Sweden, like a good handful of European countries, is generally pretty bike-friendly, pedestrian-friendly, and has good public transport. To outsiders, the intersection might look like a jumbled mess of everyone going everywhere, but within the chaos there's dictated organization. It took me a few minutes of watching to completely figure out what's going on at this intersection. Some interesting things showed up, though. If you wanted to get from the left side of the picture to the bottom (by car), you had to go through the intersection and then take a left turn around the building in the top right to end up at the top of the intersection.

I did forget to draw a green arrow from the buses up top to the bottom (and I misspelled buses in the picture...). I'm too lazy to change it, but I'm sure you get the idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment