Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Strong & Kind

Recently I had the opportunity to try Kind's new(ish) Strong & Kind bars. It's their savory bar, a deviation from their sweet and salty fruit and nut combination, and contains more protein than their traditional bars. This was initially a plus for me, as I think the regular bars are too sweet, particularly if you're eating several of them during an ultimate tournament.

I was only able to try out one flavor (hickory smoked) and found it slightly odd. The smoke flavor was overpowering, as it seemed to contain a lot of liquid smoke (or some related ingredient). The smoke flavor aside, I was a fan of the rest of the bar, which contains almonds, pumpkin and hemp seeds, and pea crisps. Those components gave the bar a nice savory flavor without the excess sweet that sometimes accompanied the bars that contained fruit. Perhaps I should try another variety (and one that doesn't contain "smoke flavor"...

No comments:

Post a Comment