Thursday, December 10, 2015

Reading Away The Night

So for a Secret Santa I'm participating in, I received two sets of books: The Alexander Trilogy and The Children's War, both historical fiction works that I thoroughly enjoyed. I had previously described a book which was probably the first book I read for leisure in about six years to occupy my time during some flights. However, I read these books and an age-old problem kind of reared it ugly head at me.

When I enjoy a book, I easily lose track of time, completely absorbed in the book. Since I tend to read towards the late evenings, I keep reading and reading, and next thing I know, it's already 3AM. It kind of makes it hard to then get enough sleep for work the next day, and then I'll go through long periods without reading a book for leisure. If only I had more self-control over books...

1 comment:

  1. Same here :) I just stayed up all night reading a new series someone gave me :p

    ReplyDelete