Saturday, May 14, 2016

My First Waffle House Experience

A few weeks ago I experience the southern staple for the first time. I actually had a chance last year when I was on the gulf coast and there was one right across the street from my hotel, but I couldn't quite get around to going there. This time, I was in North Carolina and there was a Waffle House around the corner, and I was not about to let this opportunity slip by.


As I was dining alone, I sat at the counter and began consulting the menu. Of course I had to get a pecan waffle, and since I eat a lot, eventually decided upon adding a side of hash browns. I also threw in a salad to pretend like I was eating healthy (especially since this was the last night of a 4-day trip in North Carolina and I hadn't been eating particularly healthy at all). After all of that I added a Texas bacon cheesesteak melt since I was still a little hungry.

Naturally with the Waffle House you're not expecting gourmet food, but instead something that's always reliable. I was generally pleased with the food-I was a big fan of the waffle, and the pecan was a great addition. Perhaps I should consider adding nuts to my breakfast items next time I'm at Portage Bay. The hash brown was typical, and wasn't too starchy. The melt was definitely interesting, as the bread itself went on the flat-top and the cheese was added at the very end (right before the cooked meat was placed on top of it). It did taste a little cheap, like something that might come out of a freezer box. Overall good, but not great, but that's what you expect when you come the Waffle House. Perhaps next time I should go late at night to see how that goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment