Monday, March 12, 2012

Fixie!

Recently I had my single speed/fixie bike stolen from campus, which was less than desirable since it was a half-decent bike. I only used the single speed hub for that bike and never flipped the wheel to try riding a fixed gear bike.

Since walking around is a hassle (and I used to think walking across Penn State was no problem...), I ordered another bike. It also has the option of being fixed gear or single speed, but this time I left it in fixed gear. The first time I rode it I almost fell off just mounting the bike, since you can't just coast on the bike. I've gotten used to it, though stopping can be a little difficult at times since there is no rear brake and I can't coast. When I start taking my bike to 99 Ranch I'll have to go back to single speed so I don't get owned or hit by a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment