Sunday, November 30, 2014

Small Business Saturday

This past Saturday was Small Business Saturday, a promotion run by American Express to encourage cardmembers to spend money at local establishments. They do this by crediting you $10 for transactions of at least $10 at registered local merchants up to three times. So naturally, I went out to take advantage of this.

My first stop was Fran's Chocolates, which is a local Seattle-based chocolate boutique (aka really fancy). The promotion was the main reason I was there to shop, as the normal $2 per piece was considerably out of my price range. I sampled their single malt whiskey truffle and was immediately captivated by the richness of the truffle and the prominence of the whiskey. I used two of my three credits there on two separate transactions, both on truffle samplers. I did spend more than $10 for each transaction, but I will hopefully savor the truffles for some time.

My second stop was Trophy Cupcakes, another desert shop. I had been to Trophy Cupcakes a couple of times before, usually when I have had dinner in U-Village and was ambling around with dessert in mind. As this was towards the end of the day, there weren't too many cupcakes or flavors available. I selected a strawberry lemonade, vanilla vanilla, and carrot walnut cupcake. I brought them back to the office to split with some other students, and needless to say people enjoy free cupcakes (or almost free in my case).

No comments:

Post a Comment