Monday, March 5, 2018

The Big Game

For the most part I generally don't make plans for big sporting events-no viewing parties, bars, etc. Usually I'll watch games by myself at home or the office, mostly because other people are annoying and I don't really do large groups. Every year during the Super Bowl I try to go skiing since there are fewer people on the mountain (yesterday on the other hand...). Going to work during home football games requires some planning to avoid crowds and traffic.

Occasionally I'll end up somewhere by chance during big games and it is curious to gauge how people react to them. Several times big games have been broadcasted on flights I've been on, most notably the Alabama vs. Clemson national championship game in 2017. During big moments of the game you could hear some cheering (or unhappy reactions) throughout the plane. During this year's Super Bowl I was at the gym, and there was absolutely no audible reaction to anything. The only sounds that could be heard were standard gym sounds-no cheering, and not even a gasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment